Our leadership programs are intended to enhance leadership abilities, address local issues, and improve the quality of life in our community. The Business Leadership program was started in 1999 and is made up of individuals who are residents and/or employed full time in the Donelson, Hermitage, or adjacent areas. The goal of this program is to produce well informed and motivated community leaders who are willing and capable of working together for a better Donelson-Hermitage.
Alumni opportunities for training include leadership capacity skill building, a mentorship program, and training in event management, program planning and teambuilding. Alumni are groomed for community service to include working on non-profit and corporate boards.
Participants are expected to attend a two day overnight retreat and monthly programs days intended to enhance community awareness. Program days include leadership capacity skills building, teamwork, and group development training. The focus of the monthly program days include topics impacting our community, such as wellness, diversity, criminal justice, business development, government, education, sports, and the arts. Participants read and discuss an e-book that is based on leadership capacity skill building. They also have the opportunity to meet and network with other community leaders.
Each class is divided into project teams. Each team within a class will identify and lead a project that will enhance the community. Below is a brief description of the projects from previous years.
- Worked with a local theatre to develop a live music series to promote the theatre and give local musicians a place to perform live.
- Developed and facilitated a community awareness campaign to establish solid partnerships between an organization and new stakeholders in the community.
- Produced and performed a variety show for residents of a local retirement home
- Painted, renovated and landscaped at cottages for a non-profit housing facility
- Hosted a Donelson/Hermitage/Old Hickory recycling day where residents could drop off recyclable products and learn about “going green”.
A list of previous class projects is available.
Participating with LDH’s PENCIL partner, Hermitage Elementary School. Activities such as:
- Attending school functions (plays, choir events, etc.)
- Supporting the school Spring Fling (donations and/or working a station)
- Hosting a school supply drive
- Book drives for students and the school library
If you are interested in being part of an organization that makes a difference in your community we invite you to apply for membership.
The application for the Business Class of 2019 is available at the link below. If you have questions regarding the LDH Business Program, please call Deann Bradford, Executive Director for LDH at 615-414-7427.
Once you have the application, you may complete it in one of two ways:
1) Download the application, complete by hand in black ink please, and mail to
P.O. Box 8387
Hermitage, TN 37076
2) Download the PDF to your desktop, complete it using your computer and email to Director at Leadership DH .org
LeadUP is a networking mixer with Leadership Donelson-Hermitage board members, alumni and potential new members. LeadUP is Monday, March 5, 2018 at Hermitage Golf Course. This is an opportunity to mix and mingle where potential class members can learn more about the programs and the benefits of engagement. If you would like to RSVP for this event, please call the Executive Director at 615-414-7427.